Saturday, March 31, 2007

crack is whack

Let's just call her whitney.

Ulk, there's this fat middle aged woman who's been going around bad mouthing me in the office because she's been overtaken for a position twice and fears I could be capable of doing the same. So she tries to backstab me via our new team lead, asking in malicious jest if I'd crowned myself the new team lead instead. The team lead doesn't understand where this is coming from and Whitney is shooed off our backs with a fly swatter. So whitney flies all the way up to program manager - who in turn reports her to her boss for unteamly behavior. *smack*. Whitney then goes dramatic on the team meeting asking whether she is still on the team because she doesnt see her name attached to any task. We are all caught unawares and our team lead is speechless. I spoke up to try smoothing over the tension by suggesting, in all business-like sweetness, that she take my tasks. The team lead complied and reassigned my work load without a moment's hesitation. There you go, charity on the job. I can't imagine that she was too happy about that but hell, she did ask for it.

So at the end of the day maybe I have her to thank for being an exercise in people and gossip management, or for challenging me to be the more mature person, or, moreso, for serving as indisputable evidence to the fact that negativity does not burn calories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh my speed reading technique is so bad. at first read...i summarized your entry with the following key words: whitey...crack...exercise. so i thought it was about a literal ass CRACK showing off her ass bec of a thong or ill fitting pants which is why you are thankful for EXERCISE bec you don't have a fat WHITEY white ass. i even kepy scrolling down to look for a picture. duhhhhhhhh! must be the jetlag from my trip from bacolod haha =)

Anonymous said...

did you see "the reaping??" ick so many dead cows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

is that even correct haha i can't delete!

Anonymous said...

i think someone else is on crack...