Monday, January 8, 2007

Ode to feet, by Aaron O'Keefe

What was given in beauty to my hands, must have been taken from my feet. I don't have that lovely a pair but I don't complain because they work just fine. So what if i'm lampa.
In a recent visit I had them professionally cleaned for P80! ($1.63 based on the current exchange rate) and the woman who did me the service was such an expert on the field that she didn't fail to note how i hadn't had them cleaned recently. An amazing observation.
Picture shows my revived toes which couldn't help but inspire a beloved to compose this literary masterpiece:

You know I used to think that without you I'd be completely lonely. At least that was until you emailed me a picture of your ravishing feet.

Those beautiful, painted, white feet of yours never ask me to watch stupid, poorly made romantic comedies. Those feet, my soulmates, my soulfeet! never try to feed me sushi. They just seem to smile at me and wink. In fact, I think I'll write a poem for each toe on those beautiful soulfeet. Here goes....poem #1 for toe #1 on your left foot....entitled "Her Crooked, Hobbled, Little Toe"



Her Crooked, Hobbled, Little Toe

her crooked
hobbled
little
toe
probably feels so jealous
of the other pretty toes.

The other pretty, relatively straight toes
probably make fun of her
crooked
hobbled
little
toe.



bow

3 comments:

pouty said...

I don't know what to say about this entry but that i think you have met your match in aaron! The ode to feet was wonderful and strange, in a bjork wearing a swan kind of way. Mabuhay ang poox!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Brilliant!!! Absolutely brilliant!!! :D

Anonymous said...

oh my...i feel bad but since you take it in stride fine. but women must stand together in issues like these...solidarity in the imperfections of the physical. anyway, your hands are "model hands" worthy...model for rings and hand jewelry as you've told me since our youth. anyway, i am kind today...must be all the charms and crystals from joy lim. they bring peace...=)